Monday, November 24, 2008

Retreat Gardens in Nassau


Two weekends ago my job took me on a Royal Caribbean cruise to the Bahamas. When I told people it was for work and reminded them I would be working, I didn't get much sympathy. We did manage to have some fun too and ate and drank quite a bit in the process! I brought home 7 of those mini rum cakes from Tortuga rum. (they are gifts mostly!) I made the horrendous mistake of stepping on the scale when I returned home. Talk about sticker shock. I will be adding sweatpants to my Christmas list I am afraid. And so close to the best food holiday of the year - Thanksgiving. ay yi yi!

While in Nassau, we went to a place called the Retreat Gardens which is a national park. They have a great collection of palms and lots of other tropical plants that we don't see here in Kentucky. I wish I knew the names of these to identify them, but thought I'd share a few of them with you. I just love nature photography.




The conch shells were for sale for $5.00 right at the water's edge in Nassau.


You can see the rest of my photos at my flickr page. Click here.

2 comments:

ChezChani said...

No sympathy from me either. Beautiful pics! Where do you work and are they hiring??

CrypticFragments said...

the yellow flower is a datura, or trumpet flower as far as I can tell from that angle...
despite living amongst palm trees in FL there are only a few I can differentiate with correct names!

glad you had fun
CrypticFragment
http://artsyedge.blogspot.com