Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nunnlea Craft Show


Susanne and I set up at the Nunnlea House show this weekend. The show was Friday and Saturday and they served a great lunch both days. The ladies of the Beautification League run this show and they were so nice to work with. There was a steady crowd both days and everyone was pleased with the turnout. We had a good variety of vendors too. My mom came by on Friday and helped me work the show. It was fun to have her join me!

I learn something new with each show. What seemed important this weekend was the type of earwires on the earrings. I mostly use sterling silver shepard's hooks but someone wanted posts, so I changed them out for her quickly. I had a nice pair of specialty earrings that I put on lever backs. The lady that bought them had trouble with lever backs and wanted them on shepard's hooks. I changed those out as well. By day 2 of the show, I had every kind of wire available for anyone who asked. I even brought clips. I may make up a sign that earwires can be changed upon request.

I did get an inquiry about some custom earrings and taking some sentimental clip earrings from deceased parent and reworking it into something more modern. I hope she contacts me as it sounds like a fun project.



Here is a very cool purse I purchased at the show from the vendor next to us. The colors are great for fall and went well with the sweater I was wearing. I put it on my shoulder and was encouraged by everyone to purchase it! There was only one like it, so I bought it. I would post the creator's name, but she stopped making these due to time constraints and it was her mom that was selling them at the show. The beads and cool fibers at the top of the purse are a total cat magnet. I know this from experience!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim, I can really relate to the earring question...sometimes it takes a minute to convince them that you CAN switch them out easily. I had someone ask me for the screw back non pierced earrings at the flea market last week, and honestly, that's one I don't have! But we bring clips, shepherd's hook and level backs to all shows. I even found some plastic ones for people with allergies that I'm getting. Teri
http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress