Thursday, June 18, 2009

If I Had a Million Dollars...


I'd buy me this house...

I have been admiring it whenever I travel down that particular street. I love the pale yellow color and the upper porch area. There are flower boxes on each side under the windows and white rocking chairs on the porch. I had to drive by three times to get this shot with my camera phone when there was no traffic behind me. LOL! Normally I am a better photographer than this (the lamppost really bugs me) but I was driving at the time. "The pics are for my blog, officer, really!!"

I think it would be much nicer on a larger piece of land and not facing another house, but that's just me. I might like to sit out on that upper level porch in my pjs with a glass of wine. But I bet that would be frowned upon in this neighborhood!

This photo demonstrates that you cannot drive and take a picture of something on the passenger side of your SUV while attempting to be nonchalant with a car behind you.
FAIL!

My son just pointed out that there is no door to walk out onto this lovely upper level porch. What?? Talk about bursting my bubble. I am going to pretend I don't now that now.

6 comments:

Fanciful Expressions said...

Wow that's a gorgeous house. I love porches. wish we had one. I wonder how this place is decorated.

Carolyn M

KeeperEdge said...

LOL - I know exactly where that house is! My Mom lives in the neighborhood next door. Everyone drools over it. :)

Lori said...

Thanks! Yeah, one of us should have totally won that! haha
And that house is amazing!

KimberlyRies said...

Wow, I can't believe you know the house too. I am glad it's not just me that drools over this house. It's so cool!

ChezChani said...

Is there a window you can crawl through ? Perhaps if you got a good deal on the house, you'd have enough left over to make a door. It is a gorgeous house, have you checked it on Zillow?

Pretty Things said...

LOVELY!

My husband and I used to regularly drive or bike into neighborhoods we loved and play "That's My House".

And I agree -- seems like these days, they're building large houses on NO lawns.