Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Derby - KY Oaks Day Glasses


I am a big fan of the Oaks Day glasses. (Oaks Day is the race the day before Derby for those unfamiliar with the Louisville tradition) I love lilies and the glasses are normally in pretty feminine colors. Here are a few examples. Last year's art was really beautiful.

Imagine my surprise this year to see that glass is like a stemless Riedel wine glass. How cool is that? Now I can have wine in my studio and not worry about knocking over the glass!

We have a winner!

4 comments:

Laura said...

You know you're right - the Oaks glasses are pretty! I don't think I've seen them around the usual stores where the Derby glasses are - where do you get yours? Hoping for good weather on Saturday!

ChezChani said...

That glass is pretty cool. And wine in you studio is even cooler :-)

Anonymous said...

Kim, I didn't know there was a separate glass for Oaks--my daughter is going this year, I'll ask her to get me one. I do like the wine glass design---a very "updated" look to the tradition! Wish you great luck betting on Derby this year! Teri
http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress

KimberlyRies said...

You can find these glasses at local Kroger stores. Or sometimes they have them at Taste of Kentucky.

Happy Derby everyone!